We are looking for experienced commercial insurance candidates who have experience delivering exceptional customer service or handling administration and who are looking to develop a career in Underwriting. As an underwriter you will work within the Wholesale Broker team, dealing directly with brokers. Within the sales and service role, you will deal with 50% renewals and 50% new business. You will receive a motivational salary and you will have the opportunity to earn a group monthly performance-related bonus which ranges from £150 to £400 per month.
Your new employer is a multi-award-winning independent broker business, you will be developing your knowledge and experience within commercial insurance in their Tunbridge Wells offices.
Your responsibilities are not limited to-
- Delivering a compliant and excellent service to all Partner Brokers and where required clients.
- Assisting with pre-renewal and renewal processing, claims handling, Mid-term adjustments, Premium collection, etc.
- Handling client and customer queries.
- Undertake tasks as allocated by your Team Leader/Manager within the required timescales, according to the agreed policies/procedures and to an acceptable level of quality.
- To assist and liaise with the Broker Development Manager and to provide administration and claims handling support for the Account Executives where required.
- Identify any business development opportunities that arise to attract new brokers / clients.
- Report on quality issues identified.
Key skills to be successful in this role of Underwriter-
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Confident & effective Telephone skills.
- Good understanding of FCA regulations and guidelines relating to commercial clients/consumers, clients.
- Willingness to learn in the London Insurance market and travel to London as required for underwriting and broking purposes.
Alongside a competitive salary, some of the excellent benefits include-
In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive-
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays and everyone gets one day off for their birthday.
- Free parking.
- Hybrid working – minimum 2 days in the office once training plan has been completed and signed off.
- Performance-related bonus, (group monthly commission for underwriters).
- Company pension.
- Wellbeing scheme which pays towards dentists, eye tests, physio etc.
- Financial rewards in passing insurance exams - £25 for each CII module of the Cert CII and £750 bonus for the Diploma and £1500 bonus for ACII – all training costs are paid for by the company.
- On top of a highly competitive salary, you will work towards a group monthly performance-related bonus which ranges from £150 to £400 per month.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.