You will be an accomplished commercial insurance professional who is looking to develop your career in underwriting. With your thorough understanding of determining existing and potential clients’ possible property risks, your accuracy in establishing the terms of risk coverage is going to be super valuable in this dynamic role.
Being an Underwriter, you will bring in the best of your negotiation skills and your impeccable routine. Your employer thrives on the idea of change being the only constant thing and so you will be working within an environment that embraces diversity and is vibrant in opinions, and background. Your innovative thinking will be valued immensely as you grow within your role supporting your team.
Your responsibilities as an Underwriter include but are not limited to-
- Underwriting individual insurance applications to cover property and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a standard or substandard basis.
- Determining whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, safety features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Being in frequent contact with the field to gather information on which to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- May provide support to Underwriter Senior in servicing and management of accounts.
By providing support to Senior Underwriter in servicing and managing accounts, to be a good fit for this role you will be
- Educated to degree level
- Previous experience required in commercial property underwriting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented; strong analytical skills and good communication and interpersonal skills.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Employee wellbeing is at the heart of your employer, and you will be taken care of, some of the amazing perks and benefits include-
- Circa £26Kpa + performance/discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday
- Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
- Hybrid flexibility (at the company's discretion after the training period)
- Flexible benefits – choose from additional life cover, medical, dental insurance, season ticket loads gym membership, personal travel insurance, discounts on holidays, etc.
- Life Insurance x4 salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Training for ACII
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet every single qualification or criteria. At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV.
Insure Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this role. We aim to reach out to all our applicants however, due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted within 2 days as this is an urgent requirement, if you do not hear from us then please consider your application unsuccessful at this time.