We are exclusively working with our fantastic client, who have offices based in Surrey are now looking for two Trainee Assistant Underwriters to join their vibrant and robust team! The role will begin with requirements to provide administrative assistance to Underwriters moving to the full-fledged training to equip you for long-term career prospects. This role would ideally suit people having some experience within insurance/legal/brokerage working environment.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Handle new enquiries on calls and emails.
- Reviewing, summarising and updating all the necessary information and data.
- Understand and assist with daily underwriting and processing of risks.
- Ensuring policy wording is correct, demonstrating in- depth policy knowledge, wherever applicable.
- Input, update and maintain data to ensure systems are up to date and accurate.
- Proactively attend audits and visit client meeting sites.
Experience & Skills required:
- Previous experience within insurance/legal/broker.
- You are naturally inquisitive and a competent problem solver.
- You are proactive and detail- oriented.
- Customer service is your second nature.
- Skilled at MS Excel.
- Excellent drafting skills.
You will also be required to undertake ongoing training in order to keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments. However, the company believes strongly in developing its people, and fully supporting - and providing - continual professional training and development. This includes payment towards CII or CILEx qualifications, and study and exam leave.
In return, our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package (on completion of probationary period) including generous holiday allocation of 25 days + bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas), pension contribution, subsidised parking or help towards a season ticket loan and private medical insurance.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.