Are you brilliant at providing exceptional customer service? This could be your perfect next role!
Senior Commercial Insurance Key Account Handler
40-50K Per Annum | Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm | Commercial | Location: Kent
The thriving commercial insurance team of a successful independent broker are recruiting a senior commercial key account handler. This fantastic opportunity would suit an ambitious and motivated insurance professional with excellent people skills and strong commercial/ corporate broking (or general insurance) experience.
Your focus will be on offering high quality, specialist products to personal and commercial clients across the UK.
For the right candidate, this unmissable role is an exciting opportunity to develop your commercial insurance skills and boost your career, whilst providing best in class service and helping drive growth. Candidates will need proven communication skills, a good attention to detail and strong time management.
Based in Kent, this would suit candidates driven to provide exceptional client service and an ability to build strong and successful client, prospect and insurer relationships. The company is rightly proud of its reputation for focusing on clients’ needs, with the highest customer satisfaction and retention rates in the industry.
As you might expect, in addition to an attractive salary, there’s an excellent benefits package and holiday provision. Once initial training is complete, you’ll be offered hybrid working with minimum three office days per week. You’ll be fully supported with comprehensive training and development and opportunities to continuously grow and top quality training and development is provided throughout the business. Professional qualifications (such as CERT CII) are funded, with a pay increase awarded for each successfully passed module and an additional bonus on completion.
Principle duties and key tasks include:
· Retaining and generating new business in line with, or in excess of, company targets.
· Working on all aspects of account management and service delivery to customers, ensuring their needs are identified and met in line with agreed service standards.
· Obtaining new business/renewal terms, negotiating and closing with insurers.
· Creating documents for new customers, mid-term adjustments and renewals.
· Recording customer details accurately onto system in a timely fashion.
· Ensuring policy documents, covers, endorsements etc. are correct and meet the customer’s needs.
· Managing queries, renewals, amendments and mid-term adjustments.
· Helping develop our proposition at a senior level and impacting change across junior team members.
· Mentoring and helping train less experienced colleagues to develop and drive high standards.
· Maintaining day to day compliance procedures for FCA Regulation.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
· Experience: minimum 5 years’ commercial insurance (broker or insurer), commercial account handling, (ideally mid-market/large accounts) and good all-round commercial insurance with technical knowledge across a range of classes of business
· Excellent time management, organisational, analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Work alone well but are a solid team player, supporting colleagues in a close-knit environment.
· Strong, current technical knowledge of:
· Commercial Combined
· Combined Liability
· Property Owners
· Contractors All Risk Covers
· Professional Indemnity
· Management Liability
· Cyber Liability
· SME Package Business
· (Knowledge of Open GI is desirable)
· Currently holding or working towards Cert CII
To apply for the role, please submit your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail. Due to overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.