We have a fantastic opportunity for a hungry and positive commercial insurance new business account executive. The position is unique in the market place as 99% of new business leads are provided!
Work for a thriving, market leading and family owned independent insurance broker who have approximately 100 staff and write in excess of £25m Gross Written Premium.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly company, who offer real career progression and outstanding training and mentoring through their in- house dedicated team. A large number of their team leaders and managers have been working for them for a long time, having started perhaps handling calls or as apprentices and flourished with their business. You will be joining an existing team of friendly professionals that really do get on and care about the company they work for.
The commercial team have some ambitious growth plans over the coming years so not only is this a great time to join but there will be plenty of opportunity for development for the right individuals
We are looking for someone with over five years’ commercial insurance experience and a solid working knowledge of general commercial insurances (hopefully a bias towards contractors’ and construction). Motor fleet too would be an added bonus!
There are excellent benefits on offer, including a chance to work in brand new refurbished offices, excellent uncapped commission structure and a guaranteed bonus for the first 2 months of employment to help support you as you build your pipeline. Life insurance x3 salary , they also offer hybrid working and job flexibility.
- Previous experience in new business sales in Fleet and Construction / Contractors insurances (Ideally minimum of 5+ years).
- Ability to demonstrate significant business sales experience with proven results against revenue/margin targets.
- Ability to recognise sales opportunities, create and develop a healthy mix of pipeline through a strategic and targeted approach.
- A strong work ethic with good organisational skills.
- Customer focused with a track record of consistently over achieving on targets.
- Achieve all individual sales KPI targets set by the company, whilst managing customer and team expectations.
- Ability to communicate with both customers and colleagues at all levels of seniority and liaise effectively with other internal departments and external insurers.
- Confident and able to conduct on site client visits/insurance reviews with a basic knowledge of Risk Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Professional approach to all aspects of business both internally and externally.
- Provide quotations and sell policies to clients.
- Achieving the monthly sales targets.
- Assisting the team in completing objectives including monthly sales targets
- Day to day account handling and administration (New Business Only).
- Strong ability to deal with Target driven New Business Sales.
- Able to demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic, committed and flexible attitude towards customers and other team members, recognising the importance and benefits of effective team working.
- Deliver consistent customer service in line with ‘best practice’ and ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Provide point of contact for customer enquiries, dealing with these through to a successful outcome.
- Actively follow company policies (including Data Protection, Health & Safety & Equal Opportunities).
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your Manager/Team Leader.
- Maintain complete and accurate records and computer files.
- Maintain professionalism and a good level of personal presentation.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.