Senior Accounts Technician – Sutton – up to £30,000 DOE
Insure Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of an established insurance business who are seeking an experienced Accounts professional to join their Finance team.
As part of the Accounts team, you will be the Senior Accounts Technician, responsible for Premium Finance, Aged & Small Debts, Reconciliation, Bordereau, Refunds, Banking and Cashbooks. You will provide leadership to junior members of the team and act as a referral point within the team.
• Ensure timely and efficient reconciliation of financial transactions, processing of payments and clearance of recovery transactions (individual payments / Bordereau, etc).
• Ensure aged and small debt chase processes are followed and debts reconciled.
• Responsibility for premium finance
• Ensure all cashbooks and ledger accounts are kept up to date with service standards adhered to.
• Responsibility for the refund process.
• Ensure reliable data-quality in our incoming and outgoing financial records, as well as managing communications with internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
• Manage, validate, and accurately process financial transactions
• Reconcile financial data to/from vendor partners (via Imported data / Bordereaux)
• Request, process and import data submissions on policy systems and identify any reporting issues to escalate to appropriate parties in a timely fashion.
• Complete monthly one to one with members of your team and address any performance concerns.
• Work closely with members of the management team to further develop and strengthen the accounting function or associated processes
• Ensuring team adhere to all company policies and requirements
• Ensure regulatory requirements are adhered to within the team
• Educated to A-level or equivalent
• Insurance industry experience is desirable
• AAT or ACCA approved qualification desirable
• Proven experience as a senior account’s technician
• Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles
• Experience working with file import mechanisms and data quality
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
• Excellent numeracy and communication skills
• Articulate and analytical
• High level of attention to detail to ensure accurate documentation is maintained
• A proactive attitude and enthusiastic approach
• Able to prioritise your workload
• Understanding of principles of insurance
• Strong technical skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Commercially focused
• Effective team player and collaborator
• Excellent time management skills
• Displays a willingness to learn from experiences and new situations
• Maintain a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
• Has the ability to work well under pressure
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.