Insure Recruitment are working alongside a mortgage lender who is actively recruiting for a Roaming underwriter.
Roaming Mortgage Underwriter – Fleet
Up to £40kpa + up to £6,400 driving allowance
Field based 4 days per week – Covering Essex, Kent, Horsham and Southampton
To provide a dedicated onsite professional and efficient service to a selection of intermediaries.
Accurately analyse and understand key elements of all mortgage applications at every level of the process through to offer, whilst ensuring adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Work to agreed objectives, service standards and deliverables.
• Ensure relevant documentation and information received is checked for adherence to policy and criteria.
• Deal with queries and enquiries effectively, accurately, and professionally, delivering excellent customer service.
• Provide a prompt reply to all written correspondence.
• Responsible for approving offers for cases over tier one mandate level up to tier two.
• Refers loans to the Underwriting Operations Manager where they fall outside of the lending mandate held along with appropriate rationale.
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Head Office colleagues.
• Make suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance service and efficiency.
• Adhere to internal/external compliance, credit review and audit requirements.
• Apply all aspects of the desired consumer outcomes of Treating the Customer Fairly (TCF).
• Use initiative to resolve queries outside own area of expertise.
• Take responsibility for your own learning and development.
• All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any tasks as required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience of working within the mortgage industry with a strong underwriting or completions background.
• Proven experience of mentoring/coaching new team members.
• Proven ability to exercise good commercial and professional judgment.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• PC literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• CeMAP preferred or a willingness to study
How to apply:
Apply by following the process on this page or contact Andrea on 01483 668706 to discuss the application process.