Real Estate Underwriter – Guildford – Salary up to £46,000 plus excellent benefits
We’re looking for a Real Estate Underwriter to join our client’s organisation. It’s an amazing chance to work with some leading industry talent whilst learning directly from them!
You'll underwrite and service some existing accounts with the expertise of an experienced underwriter by your side. Evaluating new business by using sensible and recognised underwriting practices.
Using good judgement, along with your industry insight; to increase the financial performance of the company.
• Balancing new business, renewal, rating and adjustment enquiries from your clients. You also deal with claims cover requests, ensuring you align to service standards.
• Targeted across a number of important metrics; clearly outlined and tangible during your performance year. One focus is maintaining a healthy renewal retention rate!
• We know that you love a challenge and always rise to the test; especially when contacting brokers during renewal negotiations. Always searching for an opportunity to sell the product range.
• You'll speak with the accounts team to handle any financial queries that arise.
• Using proven analytical skills to provide statistics on some of your more difficult cases.
• Detect and assess risks that are considered both ‘standard’ and ‘non-standard’.
Your Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• You're aware of, if not already working towards your CII/ Dip CII qualification and educated to good A-Level standard or equivalent.
• With sound knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles and practices, especially London Market / Lloyd’s and Industry databases.
• Knowledge of underwriting and servicing accounts, you are happy using technical knowledge to handle claim queries, resulting in an engaged service.
• You cleverly extract and piece together information from a broad range of different sources; highlighting your experience of client renewals and seeing business opportunities.
• With strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues alike; you’re also highly numerate.
• Your analytical, problem solving approach coupled with initiative and dedicated attitude is a real key for success.
• Motivated, ambitious and compassionate means that you slot in well to the team and provide a first class service to clients.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.