Property Underwriter – Hampshire – up to £32,000 plus excellent benefits
Insure Recruitment are currently recruiting for a UK wide insurance company who are experiencing growth.
The role focusses on underwriting and servicing existing accounts.
Using proven underwriting experience and sound judgement to deliver strong underwriting performance, providing a solid contribution towards income and profit.
Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team; your knowledge, attitude and behaviours are all exemplary.
- Handle new business, rating and adjustment enquiries generated from the client portfolio
- Liaise with brokers to ensure that all opportunities are taken to upsell/cross sell across our product range
- Review policy documentation prior to issue
- Analyse and prepare statistical information
- Review risk details for new business or renewal quotation and deal with adjustment enquiries whilst maintaining excellent relationship with our brokers
- Work with the Technical Underwriting team and Business Development team to generate new business and deliver a positive customer experience
- Adapt and contribute to the development of systems as well as operational and technical changes
Your knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- CII/ Dip CII, educated to A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Previous experience as an Underwriter for an insurance firm preferably within Property Owners.
- Basic knowledge of general insurance (London Market / Lloyd’s and Industry) products, services, and good understanding of underlying legal principles and practices relating to risk within own role capacity
- Strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues, good level of numeracy and literacy coupled with excellent attention to detail
- Analytical problem solving approach with initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- An insightful, ambitious, willing teammate who takes ownership and accountability, keen to share expertise.
- Eligible to work in the UK
Please apply to the by role submitting you’re most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.