An unmissable opportunity for a talented, articulate, and ambitious account handler to develop your commercial insurance career to account handle clients, such as Accountants, Lawyers, Surveyors, Architects, Engineers, Recruitment Agencies, etc. regarding their commercial insurance needs.
Based in Chelmsford Essex, this is your chance to join a friendly and talented team working for a thriving, fast-growing insurance company. You’ll need over 1 year’s experience in commercial account handling covering a broad range of commercial classes, it is desirable you have experience in professional indemnity insurance and understands how to deliver exceptional service, and be hungry to learn.
Within your new role, you will be focusing on handling existing clients, supporting the account executives, and dealing with larger and more complex insurance risks, and higher premium levels.
As you’d expect, the salary and benefits will be exceptional, and you’ll have the opportunity for hybrid/flexible working after your training and induction period. Above all, you’ll get the support to develop your career to the next level.
The main aim for your new role is to acquire optimum account retention and growth, via the account management, broking, and technical support that you provide.
- Create documents for new customers about their insurance requirements.
- Obtain renewal terms for customers and research suitable alternatives to produce presentations; our account managers discuss these with customers during face-to-face meetings.
- Coordinate all renewal quotes for existing customers along with any mid-term adjustments to be considered. Ensure all customer details are recorded accurately and entered into the system in a timely fashion.
- Manage insurer queries in relation to customer policies.
- Confirm cover with relevant insurers, process policies and chase up outstanding documentation when required.
- Secure delivery of policy documentation from insurers and check prior to approval and release by Account Executive.
- Deal with account queries and credit control matters highlighting any concerns to account managers in a timely manner.
- Grasp and apply fundamental legal and regulatory policy for internal policies and the insurance contract as required.
- Previous experience gained working in an Account Handling position in Commercial insurance.
- Technical knowledge of Professional Indemnity insurance would be highly attractive.
- Holding or working towards one of the Chartered Insurance Institute Qualifications: Cert/Dip CII/ ACII is desirable as is being educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Worked to targets within a regulated, measurable framework and achieved SLA’s Risk aware in handling customer information.
- Able to recognise potential risk and seek advice when required.
- Evidence of rapport-building and experience in providing solid customer service focus with outstanding communication and social skills.
- Due diligence and process drive to deadlines, happy to forward plan, organise and analyse information. Highly accurate with strong attention to detail, using initiative when assisting team members.
- Experience using Acturis.
- A competitive salary (DOE).
- Training towards Cert CII, Dip CII, and ACII.
- 25 days holiday + the opportunity to buy/sell an additional 5 days.
- Salary increases with years of service.
- Flexible benefits for you to tailor around your needs - (including gym membership, season ticket allowance, etc.)
- Death in service (x4 salary).
- Hybrid working flexibility after the training/induction period
- Excellent training and career development
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.