Join a leading insurance organisation that offers a remarkable opportunity to work with a diverse portfolio of high-net-worth clients. With a track record of success and a commitment to excellence, our firm provides unparalleled support and resources to ensure the highest level of service for our clients.
As a Private Client Manager, you will step into a dynamic role where you'll manage an existing book of clients, fostering long-term relationships and providing exceptional service across a range of insurance needs. Working closely with the business development team, you'll ensure seamless transitions and deliver first-class customer support to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Manage a portfolio of high-net-worth clients, overseeing renewals, adjustments, and inquiries to ensure a high level of service and client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the business development team to support client acquisition and retention strategies, leveraging your expertise to deliver tailored solutions.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on insurance products, including home, motor, yacht/pleasure cruise, fine art, jewellery, pet, and travel coverage.
- Conduct thorough reviews of client policies, identifying opportunities for adjustments or enhancements to meet evolving needs and preferences.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients, addressing inquiries, resolving issues, and delivering proactive support throughout the client lifecycle.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, including underwriters and claims specialists, to streamline processes and ensure timely resolution of client requests.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulatory changes, and emerging risks, sharing insights with clients to help them make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in high-net-worth account handling, managing a book of existing clients at the renewal stage.
- Proven track record of managing premium levels above £10,000 across a diverse range of insurance including HNW Home and Motor as a minimum.
- Strong understanding of insurance products and industry best practices, with the ability to provide strategic advice and guidance to clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with affluent clients.
- Detail-oriented approach with a focus on delivering exceptional service and exceeding client expectations.
- Cert CII qualified or working towards
- Hybrid working flexibility, including two days in the office on Wednesdays and Thursdays, with Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays working from home option.
- 26 days holiday plus additional days for your birthday and Christmas plus bank holidays.
- Double-matched pension scheme with up to 10% employer contribution.
- Private medical insurance and income protection coverage.
- X4 death in service cover for added peace of mind.
- Various flexible benefits tailored to your needs.
- Discretionary bonus based on performance.
- A highly competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Company share scheme
- Continued study toward the Cert CII qualifications
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.