Principal QA Engineer – Horsham -up to £70,000 plus excellent
We are currently working with a Fintech company who are experiencing going through a period of growth and are looking to add an experienced Principal QA Engineer to their team.
As a Principal QA Engineer, you are vital in driving the strategy & execution ensuring that as the company evolve their products, and are improving the quality and delivering changes safely to the customers.
You will be a leader in testing best practises, driving testing standards through testing frameworks and strategies. You are interested in new technologies but understand the journey to implement and roll out new frameworks.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
• Help shape and guide the development of automation frameworks
• Help influence the testing strategy across multiple disciplines
• Analysing and helping to shape requirements and test scenarios in your scrum team
• Test planning, scripting (both manual and automated) and reviews
• Execution of tests to support sprint goals and deployments
• Test script reviews
• Taking ownership of test planning and execution for deployments, across scrum teams
• Act as a subject matter expert for the project area being worked on
• Driving quality within the Scrum team and the wider delivery community
• Ability to translate requirements into test scenarios using BDD / Gherkin syntax
• Experienced in driving quality as part of a Scrum team and wider communities
• Proven experience in writing automation tests for web applications
• Significant automation tests experience with both CucumberJS with TypeScript / Specflow using C#
• Writing automated tests for web applications, RESTful API services (including contract testing) and
Pub/Sub in code
• Experience of introducing Automated testing tools and techniques into a CI/CD Pipeline
• Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean
code, package management)
• Test execution and reporting (manual and automated)
• Selenium experience
• Using source-control tools such as git
• Stakeholder Management
• Testing across multiple browsers/devices
• Strong written and presentational skills
• Financial Services
• Working within the SAFe methodology
• Familiar with CI / CD pipeline tooling – TeamCity and Octopus
• Understanding and usage of Kubernetes and Docker
• Usage of issue tracking systems such as JIRA
• Usage of Test Management Tools such as Xray
• Foundation ISTQB/ISEB
• Experience using Security or Performance testing tools and techniques such as OAuth Zap, Jmeter,
Please apply to the by role submitting you’re most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.