You are an experienced personal lines underwriter/pricing analyst now seeking a new opportunity to join an award-winning specialist insurance distributor. Who sell insurance directly to consumers and wholesale to other insurance brokers via delegated authority arrangements with their insurers. They currently are writing £8 million GWP with strong growth plans over the next few years.
A great opportunity to join a small friendly team, who have offices based in Oxford.
You will be an ambitious Underwriting/Pricing Analyst who wants to be involved in the business. You will report directly to the Managing Director, and you will be pivotal to their continued future success.
The successful candidate will be analytical and organised, but also able to manage change involving people. They will find satisfaction in changes they introduce leading to improvement in company performance. You will relish responsibility, want autonomy, and like the pace and flexibility of a smaller business. The ideal candidate will be their future managing director.
Role & responsibilities
- Ensuring overall scheme performance meets loss ratio targets.
- All factors that affect claims costs, and for implementing changes that reduce costs so that we can compete through price/cost leadership.
- Build pricing/performance models for new opportunities and reviews of live schemes, to inform pricing and commercial decisions.
- Monitor and manage scheme actual against planned performance.
- Investigate and understand all factors that significantly affect performance (from policy features and customer attributes to nuts and bolts of claims fulfillment).
- Detailed analysis of claims cost, where necessary improving and extending data collection and reports.
- Identify, prioritise, and implement changes to reduce costs. For some changes you will be hands-on, for others you’ll be managing changes made by colleagues or third parties.
- Represent the company, as their cost champion, to insurers, claims handlers, and partners.
Essential skills & experience-
- Analysis: both identifying trends; and hands-on with detail. spotting hints of patterns.
- Good data interpretation skills, including understanding what’s commercially significant and what can lead to change and improvement
- Building Excel models which are structured and maintainable.
- Modelling insurance scheme price/performance, or a broad equivalent
- Good project management skills, preferably for projects that have involved IT / systems and process/people changes.
- Working across departments/functions, or a strong desire to do so
- Educated to degree level in a relevant area.
- Creating SQL Server queries
- Creating Power BI datasets and reports
You will be rewarded by-
- A competitive starting salary + benefits.
- Excellent career development prospects!
- Flexible working from home with 1-2 days at their offices in Oxford and occasional meetings with new business customers, and third-party claims administrators (no more than once a month).
- Laptop/Computer provided and full set up to work from home.
- 35-hour working week 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet every single qualification or criteria. At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply for this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV.
Insure Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this role. We aim to reach out to all our applicants however, due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted within 2 days as this is an urgent requirement, if you do not hear from us then please consider your application unsuccessful at this time.