Personal Lines Executive – Hampshire – up to £30,000 doe
Insure Recruitment are currently working with a well-established insurance broker who are going through a period of growth.
Our client is looking for an experienced Personal lines professional to offer a complete Personal Lines insurance service to existing and potential new customers. This will involve providing quotations on all types of Personal Lines insurance, placing cover when instructed, inviting and confirming renewals, dealing with mid-term adjustments, and providing assistance in claims issues when appropriate. To be responsible for ensuring the collection of monies from clients within the Company’s agreed credit period, whilst maintaining good relationships with those clients and with insurers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments completed
• Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers and premium payments
• Assist customers with inquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with the insurer concerned if appropriate, or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customer own direct contact
• Any general duties that may be required by your Manager in accordance with the nature of this job
• Provide new business quotations for all classes of Personal Lines insurance on request, providing relevant advice, information and guidance
• Take instructions from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created
• Take instructions from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated
• Offer renewal of existing clients’ policies with existing insurer or move to new insurer, as appropriate. In each case, ensure relevant paperwork is completed, premium is collected and relevant records and diary entries are created
Industry Knowledge / Technical Skills Required
• FCA Regulations for dealing with Retail customers
• FCA regulations for dealing with Client Money, Treating Customers Fairly, Complaints regulations and Data Protection Act
• Insurance principles as they apply to General Insurance, particularly in relation to insurable interest, utmost good faith, indemnity, contribution, average and subrogation
Key Skills Required
Previous Knowledge of Open GI, Acturis or SSP including EDI
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.