Personal Lines Client Adviser – Middlesex – excellent salary package DOE
Insure Recruitment are working with an award-winning company who pride themselves on not only looking after their clients but their staff as well.
The successful candidate will be looking after a large number of existing clients, utilising delegated authority with a number of leading UK Insurers meaning we can go beyond the traditional role of a Broker by making underwriting decisions about new business, mid-term adjustments and renewals.
High retention rates of over 90% demonstrate the quality of our service delivery.
Responsibilities of the Personal Lines Client Adviser
- Handle day to day enquiries, renewal inviting, retention and policy management
- Develop new business opportunities to achieve income and retention levels
- Meet and develop Client’s insurance needs
- Enhance client/ insurer relationships
- Develop book of business through upselling and cross selling
- Provide support to the Team Manager with reporting, high level administration and coaching & mentoring the team
- An excellent technical understanding of Personal Lines products, ideally extensive experience in Home and Motor
- You’ll be comfortable working alongside your Team or under your own steam and won’t be afraid to ask questions
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people from internal colleagues to clients
- A positive approach to learning, taking on board new concepts quickly and executing them with accuracy and diligence
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style to your audience
- Intuitive thinking and quick decision making
- CII Certified or be willing to progress towards this
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.