Paraplanner – Maternity Cover Contract – Horsham – up to £35,000 pro rata
Insure Recruitment are currently assisting an established Wealth Management company with a Maternity Contract role for a Paraplanner.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
Paraplanning is a technical function that supports and informs the work of advisers in all areas of finance, including pensions, tax and investment management. This role is to support the advisers within the company / network.
It is not your role to give financial advice, but to produce letters, reports and supporting evidence for consideration. You are expected to undertake technical analytical work, which may include cash-flow forecasting and investment analysis.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining the paraplanning client file (electronic based files).
- Discussing client objectives and work requirements with the adviser.
- Completing research, analysis and data gathering (including liaising with providers and collating information on investments, pensions and other products, as applicable).
- Sourcing quotes and accompanying client disclosure material (Key Features Documents etc.) and saving to client file.
- Drafting Suitability Reports. This will involve the use of Financial Planning software tools, such as Selectapension, Assureweb and FE Analytics.
- Assisting advisers and paraplanners with ad hoc requirements. These could range from non-advice related reports to assisting with annual review reports and other activities.
- Ensure in-house systems are effectively used to record case progression and work for costs and audit trail purposes.
- Awareness of industry changes, including with regards to suitability report requirements and maintaining CPD & FCA knowledge, in line with company and CII requirements.
- Ad hoc / miscellaneous tasks.
- Previous paraplanning experience essential.
- Level 4 - Diploma Qualified (CII) or close to this.
- Excellent knowledge of retail investment, savings, pension and protection products.
- Excellent knowledge of suitability report content, format and requirements.
- Significant experience composing suitability letters.
- Ability to communicate with others confidently whilst remaining flexible/adaptable.
- Highly developed analytical, observational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficiency with using various software packages, such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Relevant experience with external software/tools, such as FE Analytics, Selectapension, Defaqto Engage, Assureweb, Cash Calc or similar.
- Experience with DB or safeguarded benefit pension reviews.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.