A newly created opportunity for a driven new business insurance professional who has experience working directly with clients, placing new business through open market resources.
As a part of the New Business Team, the role will require you to make sales and market products through the telephone via incoming customer calls and outbound calls.
- Promoting warm leads, and commercial insurance products through inbound and outbound communications in a positive and compliant way providing our customers with the detailed and accurate information they need to make informed decisions.
- Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Take ownership of leads by using a confident sales approach, building rapport and providing the highest levels of service at all times.
- Ensure that clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Arrange specialised types of insurance coverage in complex cases. This may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and negotiating with insurers.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Actively ask open questions to understand all relevant customer information, establish needs and explain product features clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of their products and a well-developed ability to follow processes and use the system to generate business.
- Can communicate information on our products to add value to each customer.
- To deliver against our agreed sales KPI targets.
- Explain features and benefits to customers and assist them with locating the best products to meet their needs.
- Assist with the renewals of larger key accounts and amendments to policies
What skills and Experience do I need?
- Insurance qualified to a minimum of certificate level would be an advantage.
- Previous sales experience essential in the insurance industry.
- Experience of selling products face to face or via the telephone.
- Previous track record of hitting and exceeding targets.
- Minimum of 2 years previous commercial or personal lines insurance experience in new business or account management environment (preferably property, liability and motor).
- Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles.
- Commercially focused and motivated by targets
- Excellent time management skills
- A clear logical thinker who takes initiative to make decisions
- Has the ability to work well under pressure
- Effective team player and collaborator
- Maintain a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary – circa £25Kpa + uncapped commission (excellent OTE)
- Uncapped commission structure, (commission earned on all income generated.)
- Beautiful and modern offices, easy access to a selection of mainline transport links including rail, bus and car
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 33 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexitime System – up to 10 “flex” days per year
- 35 hour working week – Office hours are 9am to 5pm
- Perkbox and Perkbox Medial subscription
- Option to purchase additional holiday entitlement
- Day off on your birthday
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.