Great opportunity for an experienced Motor Account Handler or Underwriter to join a thriving insurance business within a technical role.
Our client is looking for a strong candidate to support the Underwriting Manager by:
- Providing support in responding to email referrals & manage internal and external queries. This includes referral to Insurers where required.
- Maintain the correct administration & filing for the Insurer & product files
- Responsible for in house referrals from the sales team
- Assist in the generation of scheme performance data using company systems.
- Keep up to date with the company’s products and relevant external events that could affect underwriting decisions
- Make confident decisions in line with business rules and processes.
- Be the first point of contact for the sales floor for underwriting queries
- Able to present risks to bespoke underwriters and agree terms
- Understand underwriting performance and have experience of monitoring insurer loss ratios
- To always present the company in a professional and confident manner
- Work closely with Operations in relation to Compliance matters
- Understand how to implement processes and procedures.
- Can confidently manage priorities effectively.
- Able to produce consistently high-quality information within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Capable of managing relationships – internal and external at all levels within business.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and challenge the ‘status quo’ to develop personal and achieve business objectives.
- Take an active role in supporting and maintaining the company values and culture.
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- GCSE Level (or higher) strong Pass in English Language and Mathematics preferable but not essential a Degree or Higher National Diploma.
- Over 3 years motor Insurance experience in either broking or underwriting.
These roles require flexibility with working hours which will be on a shift basis, plus a Saturday rota basis. You will receive good benefits including:
- Salary up to £35Kpa.
- Full training provided.
- Eye tests with a contribution towards the cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use).
- Employee assistance program.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 21 days' annual leave plus all English bank holidays.
Find out right now if this could be your perfect next job; call our friendly and experienced team today on 01483 668700.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet every single qualification or criteria. At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.