Great opportunity for an experienced Motor Underwriter to join a thriving insurance business within a technical role.
Our client is looking for a strong candidate to support the Underwriting Manager by:
- Providing support in responding to email referrals & manage internal and external queries. This includes referral to Insurers where required.
- Maintain the correct administration & filing for the Insurer & product files
- Responsible for in house referrals from the sales team
- Assist in the generation of scheme performance data using company systems.
- Keep up to date with the company’s products and relevant external events that could affect underwriting decisions
- Make confident decisions in line with business rules and processes.
- Be the first point of contact for the sales floor for underwriting queries
- Able to present risks to bespoke underwriters and agree terms
- Understand underwriting performance and have experience of monitoring insurer loss ratios
- To always present the company in a professional and confident manner
- Work closely with Operations in relation to Compliance matters
- Understand how to implement processes and procedures.
- Can confidently manage priorities effectively.
- Able to produce consistently high-quality information within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Capable of managing relationships – internal and external at all levels within business.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and challenge the ‘status quo’ to develop personal and achieve business objectives.
- Take an active role in supporting and maintaining the company values and culture.
- Have good PR/interpersonal skills, have outstanding communication and reporting skills, problem analysis and listening ability.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
• GCSE Level (or higher) strong Pass in English Language and Mathematics
preferable but not essential a Degree or Higher National Diploma
•Over 3 years motor Insurance underwriting experience
These roles require flexibility with working hours which will be on a shift basis, plus a Saturday rota basis. You will receive good benefits including:
- Salary up to £35Kpa
- Full training provided
- Eye tests with contribution towards cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use)
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- 21 days' annual leave plus all English bank holidays
Find out right now if this could be your perfect next job; call our friendly and experienced team today on 01483 668700.
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.