Motor Claims Handler – Kent – up to £26,000 plus benefits
Insure Recruitment are currently assisting a global company in finding an experienced motor claims handler to join their team.
To act as a Claims Handler in the best interests of the company. Provide professional advice and service to clients regarding any claims issues, liaise with insurers and other interested parties to expedite the claims process and effectively manage clients’ expectations. Manage claims from receipt of notification of loss through to conclusion.
- Advise / update clients of all relevant events and discussions during the claims process, ensuring complete customer satisfaction
- Develop working relationships with clients to promote customer satisfaction
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients and/or insurers (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress / chased for updates as necessary
- Offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the claims process. Be supportive, empathetic and effectively manage their expectations regarding the claim process, timescales, policy and/or legal liability and quantum
- Support the Claims Handlers / Claims Manager in the administrative cycle of claims handling
- Liaise with Line Manager regarding any issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager’s attention any claims complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure)
- Identify and inform Line Manager of any claims which may generate a complaint (e.g. unresponsive insurer, claim unreasonably repudiated or quantum unreasonably reduced)
- Ensure market / insurance / legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling
- Ensure all relevant internal Line of Business systems are updated regularly and that data held is 100% accurate at all times, to facilitate accurate claims reporting
- Process all claim notifications, further advices and collections in accordance with the Claims Division’s procedures
- Manage own workload in order to service the client promptly and efficiently
- Update insurers and inform of any additional information acquired during the claims process
- Review insurer’s queries and resolve wherever possible
- Monitor progress of collections from insurers and ensure collections / payments are received / made in accordance to agreed SLAs, through liaison with the Accounts Department
- Ensure any outstanding payments are chased periodically, where applicable
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- Ensure all relevant inward/outward correspondence is added to each claim file in the correct order, including contemporaneous notes of any telephone conversations / meetings
- Knowledge of the MOJ Process, Credit hire and Court Process is desirable
- Previous experience within the insurance industry with specific claims handling focus.
- Good customer service focus
- Identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required
- Due diligence and process-driven to deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good planning and analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Takes initiative when assisting team members
- MS office proficiency.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.