Financial Services Membership Co-ordinator – Compliance -12 month contract – Horsham - £23,000
Our client is looking for a methodical individual who is willing to get involved in challenging scenarios to join their Membership team to provide maternity cover support on a 12-month Fixed Term Contract basis. Reporting to the Membership Team Leader, you will monitor and update regulatory developments relative to responsibilities, ensure that the firm can respond in a timely basis to requests for information from FCA, ensure that all records are maintained in a structured and orderly fashion for ease of identifying records.
The work is varied, challenging and fast-paced. They apply a risk-based and common-sense approach to compliance, and they are looking for someone who can quickly understand the business, gain confidence in the role, with exemplary governance demonstrated throughout.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to broaden experience within Financial Compliance.
- Advise senior management in a timely manner of FCA related and other regulatory issues.
- Assist in making all appropriate notifications to the FCA.
- Comply at all times with the Compliance and Training and Competence procedures of the firm.
- Comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, and the FCA Principles, Code of Practice for approved persons and rules.
- Ensure that the fitness and propriety of all Approved Persons is reviewed on an annual basis.
- Review any delegated activities on an on-going basis to ensure they are undertaken adequately and meet the firm’s needs.
- Ensure all recruitment documents are kept up to date to reflect any regulatory or internal changes.
- Issue necessary application forms and declarations to new recruits.
- Organise and oversee Initial Induction Meeting.
- Ensure that all required recruitment documents are obtained for the firm’s recruitment records and are saved accordingly on the system.
- Ensure that the Recruitment Checklist and New Member Matrix is fully completed for all new recruits.
- Ensure that any new advisers are trained in the firm’s procedures and advisory standards.
- Ensure reference requests are issued for all new recruits in an appropriately and timely manner.
- Ensure that all new advisers and administrators receive appropriate and adequate training on the system and the relevant checklists are completed.
- Ensure necessary FCA forms are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Deal with the regulator when necessary, both in terms of applications pending and any specific audit of recruitment controls.
- Ensure that any newly approved persons are subject to appropriate system training.
- Ensure that there is a structured continuous system training programme.
- Ensure all relevant individuals are subject to on-going assessment relative to financial viability.
- Ensure that ongoing records are maintained and that ongoing checks are completed to consider the appropriateness of an appointed representative’s status.
- Ensure the FCA Register accurately details the firm’s appointed representatives and approved persons.
- Ensure that all records are up-to-date and accurate at all times
Essential Skills include:
- Detailed knowledge of FCA rules relative to fitness and propriety and recruitment of appointed representative firms.
- Ability to train and motivate others.
- Highly developed analytical and IT skills
Desirable skills include:
- J07 Supervision in a regulated Environment
- Significant experience within the financial services, preferably in an investment or insurance environment with a good understanding of FCA/PRA regulatory expectations and compliance requirements
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.