We are recruiting 2 commercial legal indemnity underwriters to work on site with a thriving organisation. A successful candidate could have a Law or similar degree and/or insurance/legal professional qualifications. We are seeking candidates with over three years PQE legal (conveyancing/literation) experience or be an experienced commercial property insurance underwriter.
The successful applicant will build strong relationships with- clients, brokers and business units
Key responsibilities include
- Review, evaluate and price cases by applying sound underwriting judgement and adhering to company policy and regulations within agreed authority limit
- Negotiate and maximise business profitability by means of effective underwriting decisions and techniques with the goal of securing the transaction while appropriately managing risk to the company
- Liaise with clients, solicitors and brokers in relation to insurance policies and resolve policy queries
- Perform a range of duties such as underwriting the less straightforward risks, dealing with new enquiries and technical referrals, assisting with technical training and auditing, and the production and distribution of stats etc
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients in line with the business plan to support the achievement of business objectives
- Work with clients to determine their needs and provide solutions
- Maintain long-term profitable relationships and maximise opportunities with clients who produce or who have the capability to produce high revenue
- Positively promote the department and company as a whole in order to maximise brand leverage
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of policy coverage and discuss confidently with external and internal clients
- Act as a technical referral point and coach less experienced members of staff, providing guidance on more complex issues and explaining appropriate course of action
- Provide technical training and development to other team members and colleagues across the department to improve their knowledge and competence in their role
- If required, manage a small team of junior staff
- Understand regulatory environment and its requirements as it affects work and keep abreast of relevant changes in law
- Account management of existing clients
- Assist the sales team as required in the development of relationships with clients and brokers through presentations/meetings/corporate events etc
- Contribute to ongoing initiatives and projects as required
- Continual development of industry/marketplace knowledge
- Travel is a requirement of the role
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.