Junior Accountant – Fleet, Hampshire
Up to £30kpa
Insure Recruitment are working alongside a mortgage lender who is actively recruiting for a Junior Accountant.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Accountant / Finance Manager with managing both the day-to-day finances of the business and the monitoring of financial controls from an operational perspective.
- Reviewing daily files distributed to Funders.
- Prepare/review weekly bank reconciliations in respect of the business bank account.
- Reconciliation of key control accounts on a regular basis, liaising with various departments to resolve items where necessary.
- Assisting with reporting for month end.
- Maintaining the completions spreadsheet to ensure accurate recording of income.
- Develop a good knowledge of the systems used by Operations to enable a more rounded understanding of the business to assist in resolving queries/issues when they arise.
- Be first point of contact for all pre-completion queries and assist Underwriting and Sales where necessary.
- Taking card payments from brokers/applicants for fees.
- Keeping various records throughout the year to assist with yearend returns for HMRC.
- Prepare monthly journal reviews.
- Assisting with mortgage servicing audits.
- Assisting with annual statutory audit.
- Help ensure all procedures are updated and maintained.
- Providing cover when the Accounts Assistant is on leave.
- All other associated duties and responsibilities and carry out any ad-hoc tasks as required by management.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA or AAT qualified with a desire to commence study for ACCA/CIMA.
- A strong knowledge of Excel.
- Proven experience assisting with month end report preparation.
- Experience using Sage200 would be advantageous although not essential.
- Experience in the banking/mortgage sector would be useful although not essential.
- Problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills to ensure the provision of information in line with deadlines.
- Comfortable liaising with internal and external personnel at all levels.
- Comfortable in a wide and varied role.
- Happy to work within a small team environment which involves carrying out tasks at a variety of levels.
How to apply:
Apply by following the process on this page or contact Andrea on 01483 668706 to discuss the application process.