With your exceptional people skills and experience in achieving targets, you are now ready to progress in your insurance career as an Underwriter. By joining this award-winning business based in Maidstone, you are either looking to take the next step within the insurance industry or looking for a fresh challenge and greater prospects in your existing career path.
- Full-time position (38.75 hours per week) with flexible working hours (8.30 am – 5.15 pm).
- Competitive salary ranges from £25,000 to £37,500 per annum, depending on experience, supplemented by performance-based bonuses.
- Execute the underwriting process, with a keen focus on analysing historical performance, policy wordings, and pricing adequacy in accordance with predefined underwriting rules and guidelines.
- Maintain ongoing communication with placing brokers during the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure the receipt of all necessary documents and information.
- Collaborate with the accounts team to address any account-related inquiries.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping within the underwriting platform.
- Prepare and discuss referrals for capacity providers' agreements when necessary.
- Foster relationships with brokers and capacity providers.
- Escalate complex policy wording and rating inquiries to the in-house underwriting team.
- Efficiently manage the volume of daily quote and mid-term adjustment requests.
- Develop and oversee our Binder product offerings.
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial insurance underwriting experience.
- Demonstrated organisational and systematic approach to work.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of commercial contractors' insurance.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.