At Insure Recruitment we are working with a highly respectable Insurance Company to Recruit 2 Insurance Accounts Assistants. Capitalising on your outstanding interpersonal abilities and track record of meeting targets, you are poised to advance your career in insurance as an Insurance Accounts Assistant. Do you aim to either elevate your position within the insurance sector or seek new challenges and enhanced prospects within your current career trajectory? Then this is the perfect role for you!
- Hours: Full Time (8.30 am – 5.15 pm, 38.75 hours a week),
- Salary: up to £25,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily posting of receipts and payments, including daily maintenance and balancing of the cash book, reconciling payments with unpaid invoice records and daily banking into the Client accounts.
- Premium finance and insurer Direct Debit defaults
- Chasing clients for premiums
- Reconciliation of bank accounts with cashbooks on a monthly basis.
- To operate the credit control function, in conjunction with colleagues as appropriate, strictly within agreed Company procedures.
- To maintain and operate the agreed diary procedure for chasing up outstanding debts.
- Resolve any queries arising from clients or insurers in relation to outstanding debts, making reference to your Line Manager on particular problem cases.
- Prepare and circulate to the MD, the monthly “Aged Debtors Report”, outlining the reasons why clients have not settled their accounts.
- Ensure all month-end routines are strictly adhered to, in particular, the settlement of insurers’ accounts within the applicable individual terms of credit.
- Assist in the running of month-end procedures
- Refunds to clients as per company procedure
- Monthly completion of Bordereau
- Adhoc reporting
- Any other duties, as requested by your Line Manager, in accordance with the nature of this position.
- Experience and knowledge in using Excel Spreadsheets (generating and creating reports)
- Knowledge of Acturis (Desirable) / OpenGi
- Experience within a similar role (insurance background, insurance broker (preferable))
- Reconciliation process – client and supplier
- Knowledge of “The Data Protection Act” and GDPR regulations
- Attention to detail
- Team working
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.