We are working with a thriving and rapidly growing insurance broker. Who are looking to recruit a Group Risk & Compliance specialist who could be based anywhere in the uk as our client has offices Nationally and work from home options for their employees.
The Group Risk & Compliance specialist will provide regulatory assurance on their growing footprint which is critical to the role and to the company’s overarching governance. You will pay a key role in assessing the level of compliance and regulatory maturity of the company’s businesses and potential regulatory and client outcome risks. This is accomplished by carrying out risk based monitoring and thematic reviews across the business, identifying and recommending a programme of proportionate risk mitigation across a broad range of business activities.
The role requires you to
- Be able to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified.
- Have a strong understanding of the UK’s regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management, influencing, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Have excellent planning and execution skills and be able to work objectively and independently, producing work within agreed timescales to a high standard; and,
- Travel to a range of UK destinations to undertake fieldwork.
We are looking for candidates who combine strong technical subject matter expertise, communication, analysis, and stakeholder management skills and:
Has previous experience of undertaking a similar compliance monitoring/assurance role ideally in other brokers or insurers, or other areas of financial services and compliance monitoring experience.
- Is a confident, persuasive and articulate communicator and capable of robust dialogue.
- Proven track record in delivering practical and actionable recommendations that are understood, taken on board and delivered by the business.
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation, ideally with London Market and MGA experience, knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and IDD are required, and a basic understanding of risk management principles would be beneficial.
- Likely to be educated to degree level and ACII or compliance qualification would be an advantage; and,
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment across a wide range of subject matter and business operations and working autonomously and as a member of the team.
Excellent benefits on offer including a very competitive salary up to £55Kpa, based on a 35 hours working week.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.