We are recruiting a Group Conduct Officer for a thriving insurance business.
The successful applicant will oversee, advise and strengthen 1LOD capability, making sure new acquisitions meet the company's requirements by delivering oversight and ensuring the company’s overarching governance. This role plays a key role in aiding the 1LOD’s understanding of regulation and its application to their operation, you will help develop client-centric compliant solutions via a B2B distribution chain and deliver a challenge to the business on matters which could potentially threaten positive client outcomes and/or expose any heightened level of risk. This is accomplished through regular and close contact with the business and 1LoD and by:
- Providing guidance and advice on existing and future regregulationsd the internal regulatory policies and frameworks;
- Delivering briefings and training on key regulatory topics and issues;
- Guidance and advice on improvement actions, potential breaches and root cause analysis;
- Reviewing compliance and business performance MI to aid challenge;
- Ensuring a regulatory perspective is brought to key business forums, initiatives and projects;
- Providing a key input to the firm’s assessment of regulatory risks as part of its ERM framework;
- Supporting business SMFs and Certified individuals as part of SMCR;
- Guidance and advice following reviews of the business from internal or external sources;
- Support and guide the businesses with integration related activities.
This role also plays an important role in the identification, escalation and management of regulatory issues and breaches.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal person for this role combines strong technical subject matter expertise, communication, analysis and stakeholder management skills and:
- Has previous experience of undertaking a similar compliance business partnering role ideally in other wholesale and London market commercial insurance intermediaries. However, candidates from commercial Insurers may be considered.
- Experience covering core areas such as PROD, T&C, ICOBS, Conduct Risk, COI, financial promotions, complaints, gifts and hospitality, SMCR, regulatory relationships, incentives etc.
- Has knowledge of and is familiar with Insurer binder procedures, systems and controls; an awareness of Lloyd’s processes would be an advantage
- Proven track record in working with the business to implement regulatory improvement and change;
- Strong technical, practical and working knowledge of FCA GI regulation including the IDD, ideally with experience of sales to commercial customers via a B2B distribution proposition. Knowledge of other relevant regulation/legislation such as GDPR and financial sanctions are required, and a basic understanding of risk management principles would be beneficial;
- Likely to be educated to degree level and ACII or compliance qualification would be an advantage; and,
- Enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment across a wide range of subject matter and business operations and working autonomously and as a member of the team.
As well as a competitive salary our client offers the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on insurance products
- First-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- They also offer a wide range of discounts including kids pass – giving you a discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- They have comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. Our client operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet every single qualification or criteria. At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Find out right now if this could be your perfect next job; call our friendly and experienced team.
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.