A new position has become available in rapidly growing Insurance business based in Guildford. Reporting to the CFO, this role will involve end-to-end finance duties, from accounts payable & receivable all the way through to month-end reporting.
The company strives to work as automated and paperless as possible and so being comfortable using technology is essential. As such, much of the finance function is handled using intuitive software and therefore data entry requirements are reduced to a minimum and the successful candidate will instead be ensuring the automation processes are functioning as expected.
- Bank reconciliations
- Company credit card account reconciliation
- Accounts payable & receivable
- Setting up online bank payments
- Accruals and prepayments
- Month end journals
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Produce and upload partner commission statements
- Verify data shown on data analytics reports
- Newly or part qualified accountant
- Willing to handle all aspects of a finance function
- Familiarity with accounting software similar to Xero
- Excel to advanced standard
- Insurance background advantageous but not essential
Competitive salary £40,000pa-£45,000pa (DOE)
25 days holiday
Life insurance – 4x annual salary
Working hours based in a 37.5 hours per week (8.30 to 17.00, or 9.00 to 17.30)
Hybrid working flexibility of 2 days a week working from home after your 2-month probation is passed
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.