Demonstrating your understanding and existing knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles and practices, you are looking to collaborate your skills with an award- winning and one of the leading global insurance companies.
In this role of Delegated Authority Underwriter, you will act in the best interests of the company, by underwriting and servicing existing accounts under supervision, evaluating new business by using prudent and established underwriting practices with guidance and in accordance with underwriting authorities.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Handling new business, renewal, rating, and adjustment inquiries generated from the allocated client portfolio.
- Handling claims covers requests in accordance with the company laid down service standards, referring as required internally or to Insurers.
- Maintaining a renewal retention in accordance with the strategic objectives of the delegated authority.
- Assisting other departmental staff with their allocated workload at the behest of the senior management team, particularly in times of staff absence.
- Handling accounts queries liaising with brokers and the Accounts team as appropriate.
- Liaising as required with the Accounts and Claims departments.
- Liaising with Insurers.
- Checking of policy documentation prior to issue.
- Identifying and assessing risks that are considered both ‘standard’ and ‘non-standard’ following own organisation’s underwriting procedures
- Reporting complaints effectively in line with the company's complaints procedure in line with the Professional Standards Manual.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements in accordance with Professional Standards Manual, specifically but not limited to data security, management of customer information, whistleblowing, conflict of interest policy, and the complaints procedure.
To be successful in this role, you will -
- Have a knowledge and understanding of underwriting experience in servicing accounts.
- Have technical knowledge of handling claim queries ensuring a connected service.
- Have experience in planning and prioritising client renewals.
- Be effective in communicating with colleagues during account cycles.
- Have attention and accuracy to detail in data entry and presenting data.
- Take accountability for managing risk and safeguarding own role and remit.
With a competitive salary, your benefits include-
- Pension contribution scheme.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Loads of flexi benefits to choose from (including gym membership, season ticket allowance, etc.)
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 5 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.