Exciting job opportunity for an experienced Corporate Account Handler to launch/develop your management career as a Corporate Handler Team Supervisor!
An unmissable chance to join a dynamic and thriving insurance company, you’ll have a real impact: taking responsibility for the day-to-day supervision of the corporate handling team which consists of four experienced Commercial/Corporate Account Handlers.
Reporting to the Head of Broking, responsibilities include:
- Actively drive the achievement of departmental sales and retention forecasts, targets, and plans in line with the budgets determined by the business.
- Create an environment focused on delivering excellent client service.
- Monitor the compliance and quality of team members and develop staff.
- Work closely with the management team to collaboratively resolve issues, improve processes, develop self and drive performance.
- Delegation of tasks as appropriate, including full hand over of tasks in advance of any absence.
- Assist the Head of Broking in ensuring effective people management in all aspects, including resourcing, recruitment, induction, on-boarding, development, performance management, appraisal, training and development
- Act as a technical referral point and encourage the generation of and be receptive to new ideas
- Guide junior staff in processes and procedures as a positive role model to ensure they meet operating standards
- Coordinating workloads within the team and ensuring the delivery of a consistently excellent standard of written correspondence, verbal communications, and management processes.
- Prepare and maintain records of all discussions and negotiations with clients and insurers following meetings, telephone calls and broker appointments.
To be considered for the role, you must demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of handling insurance for corporate-level clients
- Highly effective and motivational people management/supervisory skills is desirable
- A keen ability to prioritise and manage competing business needs, delivering operational efficiency and customer service with excellence.
- 5 GCSE (A to C) grades including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- CII and ILM management qualifications would be a significant advantage but not essential
- Acturis systems experience
- Experience of Lloyds placement and professional sports sector experience is preferred but not essential
Salary is generous (DOE) plus good benefits which include
- Hybrid Working- Working from home opportunities on a weekly basis.
- 35 hour working week, 9 am to 5 pm.
- Professional development, roles-specific training, and/or professional qualifications.
- Perkbox – an employee perks and benefits scheme offering over a hundred perks and discounts in cinema, shops, gyms and restaurants, and more.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Holiday Purchase and Exchange Scheme – purchase or exchange your holiday allowance towards benefits of your choice.
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Travel Loans Exchange Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Employer pension contribution of 5%.
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 access to trained advisors on an array of subjects, including legal help as well as private counseling sessions with professional counsellors outside of the workplace, through their well-being partner.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave.
- An extra day’s holiday for birthdays.
- Development hour – 1 hour per week will be given for personal development for the staff.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this - or other - roles.