This a great opportunity to develop your account handling career to work as a commercial account handler. We are keen to consider candidates from both personal lines, property, or commercial insurance backgrounds.
This a fantastic job opportunity to join an independent insurance broker based at their Twickenham offices to fully support their Construction Insurance Division Management Team, Business Development Executives, and Account Executives in the key areas of account handling and the broking of existing and new business to insurers.
This position offers an excellent salary with hybrid flexibility ideally 3 days onsite and 2 from home, Monday- Friday 9 am to 5 pm. Some of the amazing benefits such as-
- Excellent salary (DOE)
- Professional development.
- Up to 23 days of Annual Leave plus bank holidays.
- IT training development opportunities.
- Perkbox – an employee perks and benefits scheme offering over a hundred perks and discounts in cinema’s, shops, gyms and restaurants, and mor.
- Holiday Purchase and Exchange Scheme.
- Recruitment Referral Scheme.
- Interest Free Season Ticket Travel Loans Exchange Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Employer pension contribution 5%.
- Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 access to trained advisors on an array of subjects, including legal help as well as private counselling sessions with professional counsellors outside of the workplace, through their Wellbeing Partner.
To be successful in this role, you will need at least 3 years of proven experience as an Account Handler, preferably within insurance broking environment, alongside-
- Questioning and evaluation of client needs.
- Ability to build relationships – internal & external.
- Communication skills: telephone, verbal & written.
- Selling and cross selling.
- Rapport building with clients.
- Cert CII or working toward CII qualifications (highly desirable).
- Knowledge of Construction-related covers to include but not restricted to Employers and Public liability (Highly desirable).
- The principles, practices and legalities of most major classes of General Insurance.
- The UK General Insurance market in respect of Construction related insurance.
Reporting to the Construction Manager and Technical Manager, you will be responsible-
- To contribute towards the Construction team’s achievement of Divisional forecasts, plans, programmes and budgets.
- To maintain appropriate, regular contact with existing customers and ensure their insurance requirements continue to be met in line with service levels.
- To adhere to Divisional processes and procedures, including Acturis.
- To work closely with Account Executives and other Account Handlers where necessary, to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Make certain that files, notes, and other records are clear, complete, up to date, and available to other staff standing during periods of absence, in order to maintain high levels of client service and accuracy of documentation.
- To promote and maintain a high image of professionalism and competence and in this way to promote high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To cooperate and participate with other team members in ensuring that the smooth running of the office, are fully accomplished.
- Take a proactive role in your own development.
- To always act within the FCA Principles for Business and to always comply with FCA and internal procedures in order to ensure the company meets its responsibilities in this area.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.