Insure Recruitment is working with an award-winning general insurance broker to recruit a Compliance Officer based in Maidstone.
- Assist with the provision of consistent and reliable Compliance advice to the business on a broad range of regulatory matters and explain the impact of any changes.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of the compliance risks applicable to the business.
- Support and maintain the risk registers for the business.
- Producing sanction checks reports
- Ensure that all complaints are dealt with appropriately.
- Assist with queries relating to GDPR.
- Assist as directed in dealing with licensing and regulatory issues, including liaison with the internal and external parties where necessary.
- Ensure that any matters which arise from internal or external reviews or monitoring visits are followed up and the actions tracked and resolved appropriately.
- Provide support and guidance to the business in understanding its responsibilities and obligations under relevant policies (e.g. Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Conflicts of interest, Financial Crime, Gifts (Conflicts of Interest), Complaints, etc. respond to queries on the interpretation of relevant compliance policies.
- Maintain branch procedures manual
- Maintaining all compliance registers e.g. Advertising / TOBAs/ Sanctions / Complaints / Conflict Management / Gifts and Hospitality / Breaches, etc.
- Producing TCF reports (Treating Customers Fairly)
- Annual staff competence administration
- Conduct file reviews for sales members of the staff
- Ensure all checks weekly/ monthly / etc. have been conducted such as; fee checks, sign-offs, training, etc.
- Ensuring the organisation is compliant with all new FCA appropriate regulations;
- And any other tasks required to be undertaken to support the compliance department
- Shown experience in compliance advisory, compliance testing or other risk control functions in the financial services industry, preferably in insurance industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience is desired
- Strong social and coordination skills and ability to engage and work effectively with colleagues across all departments
- Self-motivated, independent, go-setter learner
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic, changing work processes and environment
- Attention to detail and effective time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to run several simultaneous tasks
- Conceptual strength, solution-oriented, and a good sense for feasibility and pragmatism
- Previous experience in compliance, risk management, legal, or a related field is usually required.
- Experience specifically within the insurance industry is often preferred, as the regulatory landscape can be complex and industry-specific.
Education and Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field such as business, finance, law, or risk management is often required.
- Some positions might prefer or require a master's degree or relevant certifications such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).
Hours: Full Time (8.30 am – 5.15 pm, 38.75 hours a week)
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A 24/7 Employee Assistance Service.
- Free on-site parking.
How to Apply
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we're looking for in this or other roles.