We have a commercial underwriting vacancy working for a flexible, multi award winning, thriving insurance business based in Chelmsford 2 days per week, Croydon 2 days per week (1 day WFH)
Training and career development is fully supported, and we will consider candidates who have either
- Commercial underwriting experience (property/commercial combined)
- Real Estate underwriters (45% of their commercial book is property)
- Commercial brokers who have underwriting experience in another class of business would like to consider a career move into commercial underwriting
- Commercial brokers who have had a delegated authority and would like to move into underwriting or
- Underwriters who have directly worked for an Insurer
The successful candidates’ duties will include Renewal & Mid-term Amendment quotations in line with Underwriting guides, Service Level Agreements & within business operating standards
Using your experience, you will be responsible for achieving retention targets across a range of insurance products and motivating others to do the same. Ensuring technical compliance and maintaining broker and Insurance partner relationships.
Key Responsibilities include
- To prepare and provide Renewal and MTA quotations to Broker Partners based on personal authority limitations
- Instigate regular dialogue with Broker Partners on allocated renewals to secure renewal instruction and achieve individual & collective targets
- Provide accurate and compliant Renewals and mid-term adjustments in line with pricing levels, risk selection criteria and ensure that income & conversion objectives are achieved
- To oversee all administrative duties required in connection to the above which includes but is not limited to, processing & administering policy documentation, initiating & monitoring surveys, mid-term adjustments, renewal review & negotiation & claims monitoring
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all customer contact and ensure the delivery of high-quality service, appropriate to needs of Broker or Insurer needs.
- Underwrite business according to current strategy within individual level of delegated authority
Salary up to £37Kpa (dependant on experience)
Excellent benefits include
- Holiday 26 days plus bank holidays
- Group life Assurance x4 salary
- Company sick pay 4 weeks
- Pension 3% employer 5%
- Benefits start from your start date
- Maternity and paternity leave is up to 6 months
- Season ticket loan
Find out right now if this could be your perfect next job; call our friendly and experienced team.
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.