Independent Broker offering high quality, specialist products to Personal and Commercial clients throughout the UK. They have sustained one of the highest customer satisfaction and retention rates within the industry by focusing on the precise needs of our clients.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
The position of Commercial Renewals Executive will suit someone with a Broker / Insurer background, wide range of Commercial product knowledge and experience and a proven track record of achieving targets and developing new client prospects.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Form and develop strong insurer and client relationships
- Time management and organisational skills
- Customer service
The candidate will also ideally be fully Cert CII qualified or studying towards completion. With full support and provided funding towards ongoing professional qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years Commercial experience is essential
- Must be CERT CII (Would accept part qualified with a desire to complete)
- Technical knowledge of:
- Property Owners
- SME Package Business
- Commercial Combined
- Combined Liability
- Contractors All Risk Covers
Principle duties and key tasks:
The successful applicant will be joining a busy, proactive team of brokers. Working in the Commercial Renewals team handling all types of commercial renewals, liaising with insurers and clients both pre and post renewal.
- Converting renewal business in line with or in excess of company targets
- Preparing market presentations for renewal reports
- Liaising with insurers and clients pre and post-sale of renewals
- Checking covers, warranties, endorsements to ensure that they are correct and in line with quotations provided
- Midterm adjustments Incoming and outbound call handling
- Corresponding and communicating with clients and insurance companies
- Cross selling other products
- Maintaining day to day compliance procedures for FCA regulation
- Effectively managing individual diary
- Managing personal work workflow effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record
- Sharing ideas or suggestions for business improvement with management
- Advising manager of any backlog in work in a timely manner
- Advising manager of any debt recovery problems or contentious issues in a timely manner
Training and Development at:
focused heavily on training and development and a full induction and training plan will be provided to successful applicants.
Each placement provides employees to continuously develop their knowledge and personal skills which could result in opportunities in other areas of the business.
All staff can study for professional qualifications such as CII (Chartered Insurance Institute). With encouraged further professional development to reach DIP status.
- Increased allowance with length of service to a maximum of 30 days Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity schemes
- Open to discuss flexible / hybrid working. If you are working remotely, all equipment you need to do your job will be provided
- Death in service
- AVIVA Employee Assist programme
- Company sickness policy
- On-site mental health first aiders
- Wellness Wednesday
- Annual salary review
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Proactive pay increases to reflect on growing responsibilities
- Support & funding for professional qualifications
- In-house learning & development supporting you in furthering your development and career progression
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.