Independent Broker offering high quality, specialist products to Personal and Commercial clients throughout the UK. They have sustained one of the highest customer satisfaction and retention rates within the industry by focusing on the precise needs of our clients.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
The position of Commercial New Business Executive will suit someone with a Broker / Insurer background, wide range of Commercial product knowledge and experience and a proven track record of achieving targets and developing new client prospects.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong negotiation skills
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Form and develop strong insurer and client relationships
- Time management and organisational skills
- Customer service
The candidate will also ideally be fully Cert CII qualified or studying towards completion. With full support and provide funding towards ongoing professional qualifications.
- Minimum 3 years Commercial experience is essential
- Must be CERT CII (Would accept part qualified with a desire to complete)
- Technical knowledge of:
- Property Owners
- SME Package Business
- Commercial Combined
- Combined Liability
- Contractors All Risk Covers
Principle duties and key tasks:
The successful applicant will be joining a busy, proactive team of brokers. They will be working in the Commercial New Business team handling all types of commercial business, liaising with insurers and clients. Following up warm leads generated through our outbound team and responding to new, inbound enquiries.
- New Business development and conversion.
- Converting new business enquires in line with or in excess of company targets.
- Preparing market presentations.
- Checking and comparing cover and have a good understanding of policy conditions and warranties.
- Working closely with our marketing department to covert opportunities.
- Following up on leads and identifying client needs.
- Proactivity, building pipelines and researching trade sectors.
- Build rapport and maintain long-lasting client relationships.
- Create a develop market/insurer relationships.
- Ability to build internal inter-departmental relationships to promote collaboration.
- Highlighting client exposures and upselling products.
- Incoming and outbound call handling.
- Data input (knowledge of Open GI would be preferrable).
- Managing personal workflow effectively and efficiently; raising any issues in a timely manner to the manager.
- Ability to meet with clients and host a client meeting (preferrable).
- Sharing ideas or suggestions for business improvement with management.
- Assisting colleagues with workflow issues.
- Working in line with company best practice and SLA’s set by management.
- Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record.
Training and Development:
Focused heavily on training and development and a full induction and training plan will be provided to successful applicants.
Each placement provides employees to continuously develop their knowledge and personal skills which could result in opportunities in other areas of the business.
All staff can study for professional qualifications such as CII (Chartered Insurance Institute). With encouraged further professional development to reach DIP status.
- Increased allowance with length of service to a maximum of 30 days Enhanced Maternity/ Paternity schemes
- Open to discuss flexible / hybrid working. If you are working remotely, all equipment you need to do your job will be provided
- Death in service
- AVIVA Employee Assist programme
- Company sickness policy
- On-site mental health first aiders
- Wellness Wednesday
- Annual salary review
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Proactive pay increases to reflect on growing responsibilities
- Support & funding for professional qualifications
- In-house learning & development supporting you in furthering your development and career progression
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.