Commercial Insurance Technician – Hastings – up to £25,000 plus benefits
Insure Recruitment are working with an independent affinity insurance broker based in Hastings. Our client operates across a range of niche areas & have a professional, friendly & highly supportive culture. They value people and as a result have many long-standing team members. This vacancy comes as a result of a restructure in the commercial team, including the retirement of a longstanding member of staff (after 27 years).
The vacancy would suit someone looking to develop their knowledge (potentially a 2nd job) & the ideal candidate will:
• Have experience in commercial lines insurance
• Be capable of delivering great customer service &/or sales performance
• Have a can-do attitude when it comes to finding appropriate solutions for our customers
• Be comfortable talking to people over the phone, with the ability to easily build rapport
• Demonstrate strong active listening and communication skills
• Enjoy working in a varied, friendly & dynamic environment
• Be motivated to achieve positive results and collaborate to reach team targets
• Be competent with email, excel and word; Open GI and Office 365 – experience of these would be ideal.
The role involves:
• Working with a close-knit group of like-minded friendly colleagues in providing exceptional service to new and existing customers (with a particular specialism in the commercial department, providing solutions for not-for-profit organisations).
• Handling a variety of calls; from New Business enquiries & changes to existing policies through to dealing with customer’s renewals.
• Using excellent communication skills to ensure every customer is treated fairly and in a refreshingly straightforward way.
What to expect:
• The role is varied, but you will be trained and supported to handle the variety of calls across a customer lifecycle.
• The company is FCA regulated and fully compliant in their approach and requirements, but do not operate a call-centre model and therefore, are not heavily scripted.
• Our client will invest in your learning and continue to support your development.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm @ our office in Hastings.
They would be able to offer some flexibility to work from home for up-to 2 days a week - but this would be strictly as a result of successful completion of training and the probation period.
• Holiday: 24 days per annum + all bank holidays (& additional days over Christmas/New Year)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Health Insurance
• Income Replacement Cover (following long-term illness)
• Commission free insurance for staff + those living with them
Salary is up-to £25,000, depending on experience.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.