Commercial Insurance Schemes Underwriter – Sutton – Salary DOE
Insure Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Commercial Insurance Senior Schemes Underwriter, who we are looking to join an existing team to assist in the management of a rapidly growing delegated authority schemes business.
The successful applicant will need to have a minimum of 5 year's experience in an underwriting role and have an awareness of all commercial classes of business.
The candidate will work closely with the team to:
- Review existing and new scheme business to ensure we continue to act within binder authority set by insurers (but also assist in working with insurers to write the right risks which fall outside of standard acceptance)
- Sign off referrals, check quotations and documentation
- Take an active role in our internal audit programme
- Provide guidance/training to staff – through daily queries and regular workshops/training sessions (Including providing assistance and guidance to the existing Assistant Schemes Underwriter)
- Be involved in the development of new and existing schemes including competitor analysis
- Assist with the existing relationship and acquisition of new key customers
The Ideal Candidate will have -
- A minimum 5 years Commercial Insurance Underwriting experience, from an Insurer, MGA or Insurance Broker.
- Experience in underwriting business on a delegated authority basis is ideal but not essential.
- Insurance Qualified
- Strong IT skills (Experience with OpenGI System is an advantage)
- Strong communication skills, confident to build relationships with brokers and clients
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Numerical aptitude, confident to apply rating and terms
- The ability to think outside the box and `trade’ in respect of the right risk
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing by 1 day per year to a maximum of 33 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexitime System – up to 10 “flex” days per year
- Office hours are 8am to 6pm with 7 hour shifts + 1 hour for lunch between these hours (8-4 / 9-5 / 10-6) on a rota basis
- Performance review system
Please apply to the by role submitting you're most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.