Commercial Insurance New Business Manager – Maidstone up to £50,000 doe
Insure Recruitment are currently working with an established award-winning independent broker who are going through a period of growth and are looking to add an experienced commercial insurance professional to join their team.
The ideal candidate will possess 5-10 year commercial experience, preferable with specialist knowledge in the construction sector.
You will be managing a team of 4 executives (each with 1-3 years commercial experience) to ensure on target compliant performance using DUA in our specialist sectors.
Aims include expand the team to 7 executives.
50% of the time will be new business production 50% will be managing and mentoring the team.
Excellent communication skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing the team on a day-to-day basis
• Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying
areas for new training or skill checks
• Generating new business through leads that are supplied to you (80%) and the remainder being
• Taking responsibility for the team’s performance
• Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission elated objectives, and deadlines.
• Conduct team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
• Communicate deadlines and sales goals to team members
• Answer team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member
work for quality and guideline compliance
• Administration; creating quotation documents, setting up client records, issuing documents to
clients, checking proposal forms, diary management and so forth.
• Liaise with various insurers to get the best policy for the client meeting their demands and needs
• Ensure that the sales process is completed is compliant with regulations
• Liaising with prospect clients / leads and closing the sale effectively
• Generate 40 quotes a month with a conversion rate of 1:3
Experience and skills required
• 5 – 10 years of commercial insurance experience
• Experience within in a similar environment is desired (insurance broking)
• Proven track record of achieving targets / KPIs
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly organised and have a systematic approach to work
• Good attention to detail
• Tenacious with presenting strong sales techniques and skills
• Knowledge of FCA regulatory requirements
• Professional telephone manner
Office hours are Mon – Fri 8:30am to 5:15pm
Parking on Site
Open plan working environment
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.