Commercial Insurance New Business Executive – Cheam – up to £33,000 OTE
Insure Recruitment are currently working exclusively with an independent broker who is seeking an experienced Commercial Insurance professional to join their sales team.
As part of the New Business Team the role will require you to make sales and market products through non-scheme and open market resources. You will be required to maintain thorough understanding or products, process sales and meet sales targets.
• Gather information from your clients, assessing their insurance needs and risk profile
• Research insurance companies' policies and negotiate with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance for clients at the best price
• Ensure that clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations
• Arrange specialised types of insurance cover in complex cases. This may involve preparing reports for insurance underwriters and negotiating with insurers
• Build and maintain ongoing relationships with your clients
• Acquire new clients against competitors
• Keep detailed records and complete administrative tasks such as paperwork and correspondence
• Develop relationships with stakeholders and customers
• Keep up with changes in the insurance market and in your clients' industries
• Collect insurance premiums and process accounts
• Assist with the renewals of larger key accounts and amendments to policies
Job Specific Competencies:
• Insurance qualified to minimum of certificate level
• Minimum of 4-5 years previous commercial insurance experience in new business or account management environment (preferably property, liability and motor)
• Track record of personal development and growth in previous roles
• Excellent numeracy and communication skills
• Confidence to advise and negotiate with clients and underwriters
• Ability to build, manage and develop relationships
• Numerical skills
• Business acumen and commercial awareness
• Ability to plan and manage your time and to work on a number of projects concurrently
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• Flexible approach to work
• Understanding of client confidentiality and how to be discreet
• Administrative and IT skills.
• A proactive attitude and enthusiastic approach
• Able to prioritise your workload
• Understanding of principles of insurance
• Commercially focused
• Effective team player and collaborator
• Excellent time management skills
• Displays a willingness to learn from experiences and new situations
• Maintain a conscientious, positive and enthusiastic approach to work, maintaining good working relationships with colleagues.
• Has the ability to work well under pressure
Office hours are a 35-hour week Monday to Friday.
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.