Commercial Insurance Development Underwriter
The job will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, seeking new solutions to meet the needs of the clients and brokers, as well as supporting the renewal of current business.
The underwriting will be directly linked to the firm’s schemes offerings in some of the following industries; drainage contractors, electrical and air-conditioning contractors, cleaning contractors, etc.
The product lines being underwritten are primarily Liability led contractors business including CAR and Material Damage.
Role responsibilities (but not limited to);
- Conduct the underwriting process focusing on a review of historical performance, policy wordings, and pricing adequacy based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines.
- Liaise with the placing broker throughout the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure receipt of all necessary documents and info.
- Assist and liaise with the accounts team on any account queries
- Accountable for accurate record keeping on the underwriting platform
- Prepare referrals for capacity providers agreement including discussing proposed actions
- Liaise with capacity providers for referral and agreement when required
- Develop relationships with Brokers
- Escalate more complex policy wording and rating queries to the in-house underwriting team
- Manage the volume of day-to-day quote / mid-term adjustment requests efficiently
- Develop and manage the Binder product offerings.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance underwriting (minimum 3 years)
- Organised and systematic approach to work
- High levels of attention to detail
- Self-starter and self-motivated in the working environment
- The ability to work to own initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word
• Knowledge of commercial contractors’ insurance
- Hours: Full Time (8.30am – 5.15pm, 38.75 hours a week) or part-time,
- Salary: from £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience) + bonuses