Senior Commercial Claims Handler – Middlesex – salary DOE
Insure Recruitment are currently working with an established insurance broker who are actively seeking an experienced commercial claims handler to handle a wide variety of claims from a range of Commercial fields, so it’s vital you have a good understanding of EL/PL/ PI, Property Damage and Motor Fleet Vehicle and/or Motor Trade claims.
The Team prides itself on offering a tailored and customer-centric approach to Commercial Claims, providing expert guidance and negotiation along with a prompt and efficient service.
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to play an integral part in this high-performing team, whilst working for a company that will support your development and encourage personal growth.
As well as managing a busy caseload, you’ll have a good understanding of the Commercial Claims process and be confident taking ownership of Claims from start to finish, whilst ensuring that each client experiences a positive journey. You’ll therefore be a confident and empathetic communicator, able to deal with the challenges Claims can often throw up and able to guide each client with careful and tailored advice.
Day to Day Responsibilities include:
- Taking notifications from clients, setting up new claims and handling the process from start to finish
- Liaising effectively with Commercial Client Managers and Executives to gain an in-depth understanding of each case
- Effectively negotiate with Insurers, Accident Management companies, Solicitors and Third Parties to keep the process moving
- Ensure clients are kept updated and informed during the claims process, whilst managing expectations and assisting with settlements
- Producing and collating claims data and analyse trends
- Scrutinising Insurer claims reports
- Leading internal meeting with the Claims team to provide updates on cases and provide best practice solutions
- Coaching/ Mentoring new starters to the business and those with less experience
- Attending client meetings and field visits with Client Managers/ Executives
- Negotiating with Insurers to ensure the best outcome for your clients
So, if you’ve been managing all aspects of Commercial claims at either an insurer, broker or in a Loss Adjusting firm, enjoy solving problems, are an analytical thinker and pride yourself on being a resilient people person who’s not afraid to ask questions, we want to hear from you!
Our client is particularly looking for someone who can bring:
- A good knowledge of handling motor vehicle fleet and/or motor trade (road risk) claims (preferred, but not essential)
- A good knowledge of pre-action protocols and timeframes within portability on Liability claims
- Experience of Property Damage claims
- A good understanding of EL/PL and PI claims
- Risk Management advice, including spotting claims trends and the remedial action needed.
- Effective, confident & considerate communication and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Negotiation skills and decision-making confidence
- Ability to work under pressure in a varied environment
- Flexibility in your approach and a willingness to learn
- Resilience – able to deal with multiple priorities and demanding deadlines
- Problem solving skills - you must enjoy a challenge!
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Empathy and patience preferably with experience of dealing with vulnerable customers
- Agile and intuitive thinking; an ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Team Working – comfortable working within a team environment and getting to know your team mates
- IT confidence and, ideally, experience of using the Acturis broker system
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- A Cert CII qualification or be prepared to start and commit to your Cert journey and beyond
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.