Corporate Commercial Insurance Account Handler – Colchester – Excellent Salary DOE
Insure Recruitment are currently working with a highly established company who due to growth are seeking an experienced Commercial Insurance professional to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for –
• Administration of clients’ insurance requirements on a daily basis including general enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments, obtaining quotations, closing sales, invoicing of premiums, cross-sales.
• Provision of high-level professional advice to clients
• Assist in achieving Group/Division client retention targets by providing an excellent level of service.
• Liaise effectively with the Account Executive to ensure an appropriate strategy for renewal, attend client meetings as necessary, prepare minutes and action meeting points where directed.
• Undertake market exercise to establish the most competitive terms available.
• Obtain renewal terms.
• Produce and issue professional summaries and reports using templates.
• Issue renewal documentation in line with contract certainty.
• Ensure premiums are collected prior to the commencement of cover and in line with procedures.
• Prioritise and handle all work promptly and accurately.
• Handle all queries, whether written or by telephone, in a professional manner and process effectively in line with service standards.
• Record all relevant information, correspondence, and documentation on Acturis and make effective use of the diary system.
• Produce accurate and professional documentation at all times using relevant templates.
• Process adjustments in line with procedures, including notification to insurers, issue of revised documentation, and collection of additional premium.
• Actively cross-sell products from other Divisions.
• Refer all queries that fall outside own experience, knowledge and authority to senior staff.
• Liaise with and assist other branches and Group Resources as necessary.
Experience & Professional Qualifications
• Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing specialist advice in the insurance market.
• Must be qualified to a minimum of Cert CII (or gain the qualification within 18 months of joining).
• Working knowledge of all the main classes of General Insurance and the CII’s Code of Ethics and GDPR.
• Working knowledge of the company’s product range, policy wordings and service standards.
• Responsibility for own personal development and for keeping own knowledge up to date by the use of e-learning, in-house courses, and studying for professional qualifications in order to gain the required CPD points.
• Good level of technical insurance skills, to be assessed by regular in-house testing.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to process work quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Good negotiation and broking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to gather and analyse information from the client.
• Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual client’s level of understanding.
• Ability to persuade and influence others
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.