Broker Software Manager, Surry £35,000pa + benefits
Our client is an award winning young and progressive insurance broker undergoing rapid growth. As a result they have developed a need for a tenacious, driven, Broker Software expert with a meticulous eye for perfection and proven track record, to take on the responsibility of the management of their insurance software platform throughout the business. We are seeking candidates with experience in a similar role within the Insurance industry who have in-depth knowledge of dedicated insurance software platforms. In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate relevant experience as this is not a trainee role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out tasks to build, update and amend system config.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues for End users.
- Act as an initial point of contact for internal IT related support requests
- Respond to issues logged to appropriate SLA’s and KPI’s
- Perform software releases and configuration changes in line with predefined procedures.
- Own logged support requests until resolved or escalated to the appropriate team.
- Maintain technical documentation used by Internal Infrastructure.
- Set up new starters / administer leavers on IT systems.
- Dealing with suppliers for sourcing replacement equipment, or software
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time.
- Extensive experience with the OpenGI broker software platform
In addition to the above, experience in the following areas, although not essential, would be beneficial:
- WordPress development.
- Telecoms and web services infrastructure.
- Maintenance, repair & testing for internal IT Infrastructure including Desktop PCs and Laptops, Telephones, Printer, Peripherals and Servers as necessary
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Management of enterprise Hosted solutions and associated applications, as necessary.
Experience working in an IT department within the insurance industry is vital and therefore a requirement. Work from home can be considered if the perfect candidate does not live within the vicinity of the office, however regular attendance on site would be required, likely one day per week.
Salary and benefits
- Salary range £27,500 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Eye tests with contribution towards cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use)
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- 21 days annual leave plus all English bank holidays
Please apply to this role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.