You are an accomplished professional having some experience in Administration, ideally in insurance looking for a career transition within Underwriting or a graduate and an aspiring underwriter, now looking for an amazing chance to work as an Assistant Underwriter with one of the leading and ever-growing insurance businesses.
You will be utilising your exceptional evaluation skills towards providing support and expanding your negotiating skills by applying recognised underwriting practices.
In your role as an Assistant Underwriter, you will be putting your excellent attention to detail, analysis, and tactfulness into practice by pinpointing the opportunities for financial growth of the company and in return, your progression will be taken care of as you grow within your role.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to-
- Providing support in responding to email referrals & managing internal and external queries. This includes referral to Insurers where required.
- Maintain the correct administration & filing for the Insurer & product files.
- Responsible for in-house referrals from the sales team.
- Assist in the generation of scheme performance data using company systems.
- Keep up to date with the company’s products and relevant external events that could affect underwriting decisions.
- Be the first point of contact for the sales floor for underwriting queries.
- Able to present risks to bespoke underwriters and agree to terms.
- Understand underwriting performance and have experience of monitoring insurer loss ratios.
To be successful in this role, you will be-
- Able to produce consistently high-quality information within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Capable of managing relationships – internal and external at all levels within the business.
- Having a desire to learn new skills and challenge the ‘status quo’ to develop personal and achieve business objectives.
- GCSE Level (or higher) strong Pass in English Language and Mathematics.
- Ideally 1 year of Insurance or Financial Services Industry experience but not essential as full training is provided.
This role requires flexibility with working hours which will be on a shift basis, plus a Saturday rota basis. Apart from an excellent salary and benefits, your career progression will be taken care of. Some of these benefits include-
- Salary up to £25Kpa.
- Training provided.
- Eye tests with a contribution towards cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use).
- Employee assistance program.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Preferential Shopping App.
- 21 days' annual leave plus all English bank holidays.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail. Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.