You are an accomplished insurance professional, now looking for an amazing chance to work as an Assistant Underwriter with one of the leading insurance businesses. You will be utilising your exceptional evaluation skills towards new businesses by applying recognised underwriting practices.
In your role as an Assistant Underwriter, you will be putting your excellent attention to detail, analysis, and tactfulness into practice by pinpointing the opportunities for financial growth of the company and in return, your progression will be taken care of as you grow within your role.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to-
- Balancing new business, renewal, rating, and adjustment inquiries from your clients. You also deal with claims cover requests, ensuring you align with our service standards.
- Targeted across a number of important metrics; clearly outlined and tangible during your performance year. One focus is maintaining a healthy renewal retention rate!
- We know that you love a challenge and always rise to the test; especially when contacting brokers during renewal negotiations. Always searching for an opportunity to sell our product range.
- You'll speak with our accounts team to handle any financial queries that arise.
- Using proven analytical skills to provide statistics on some of your more difficult cases.
- Detect and assess risks that are considered both ‘standard’ and ‘non-standard’.
To be a successful Assistant Underwriter, you will be-
- You're aware of, if not already working towards your CII qualifications and educated to a good A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles and practices.
- Knowledge of underwriting and servicing accounts, preferably holding a level of delegated underwriting authority.
- You cleverly extract and piece together information from a broad range of different sources.
- Motivated, ambitious and compassionate means that you slot in well with the team and provide a first-class service to our clients.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
You will be rewarded with-
- Competitive salary, depending on the experience.
- 25 days holiday.
- Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm.
- Hybrid flexibility (at the company's discretion after the training period).
- Flexible benefits – choose from additional life cover, medical, dental insurance, season ticket, loads gym membership, personal travel insurance, discounts on holidays, etc.
- Life Insurance x4 salary.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Training for ACII.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for a role unless they meet every single qualification or criteria. At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.
Please apply for this role by submitting your most up-to-date CV.
Insure Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this role. We aim to reach out to all our applicants however, due to the high volume of applications only successful applicants will be contacted within 2 days as this is an urgent requirement, if you do not hear from us then please consider your application unsuccessful at this time.