Application Security Developer – Horsham – up to £60,000 plus excellent benefits
Insure Recruitment are working with a leading FinTech Financial Services company who are actively seeking an experienced Developer to join their engineering team.
This position is responsible for helping to validate and continually improve the overall security posture of the company’s suite of applications, alongside associated development processes and in some cases, infrastructure environments.
Key Activities & Responsibilities:
• Work within our scaled agile environment to collaborate with Architects, developers, QA engineers
and product teams to help determine functional and non-functional requirements relating to
security, for existing and new software and applications.
• Have a good understanding and experience of all aspects of a software development lifecycle,
from appropriate technologies and workflows to coding standards.
• Work with SAFe teams to provide guidance around application security best-practices, principles
• Conduct code reviews, with a perspective on security
• Help in embedding security into development and operational lifecycles, with a focus on
automation and shifting left.
• Help develop a security awareness culture in product design and development practices; assist in
security training for developers and testers.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of cloud-based applications, utilising application security best-practices within that cloud infrastructure.
• Working closely with the Architecture and Information Security team to align standards,
frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
• Create solutions that balance business requirements with information and cyber security
• Contribute to the company-wide Secure Development Standards and related policies and apply
these to the software development lifecycle.
• Help execute SAST and DAST using new and established tools and review findings.
• Assist with vulnerability discovery and testing, risk analysis and penetration tests, helping to
produce remediation plans as an output.
Qualifications & Skills
• Proven experience in application development, with strong knowledge of .Net and .Net Core,
ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Azure Technologies.
languages such as PowerShell and Python).
• Knowledge of Single Page Application concepts and frameworks.
• A strong understanding of Application Security and related OWASP Frameworks, including but not
limited to the current OWASP Top 10
• Strong experience with common Web Application Security testing tools and HTTP inspection tools,
such as OWASP Zap, Burp Suite, Fiddler and Charles Proxy.
• Experience of Static Application Security Testing (SAST) tools would be desirable.
• An understanding of and experience with .NET cryptographic suites
• Familiarity and hands-on experience with Authentication and Authorization protocols (OpenId
Connect and OAuth2.0).
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles
• A technical mindset with great attention to detail
• High quality organizational and leadership skills
• Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills- both written and oral.
• Customer focussed and can present ideas and concepts in user-friendly language.
• Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
• Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable with a ‘can do attitude’
• Passionate about Application Security and keeping up to date with trends
• Good analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Actively seeking to expand IT and security knowledge and to upgrade skill set
• Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative approach
• Effective organisational skills with attention to detail
• Positive outlook on work
• Delivery / solution focused
Please apply to the role by submitting your most up to date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Due to the overwhelming application response, should you not hear from us within 5 working days then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.