A fully remote insurance job opportunity for a proven personal line’s renewals handler or a driven customer-service-focused candidate who is looking to step into the insurance industry. You will be working for a friendly independent and family-run underwriting agency that provides cover in all areas of Marine Insurance. This a fantastic job opportunity to join their expanding team of nine staff to work as an assistant underwriter. You can be from the UK, Greece, or the Republic of Cyprus!
The role mainly consists of working through your renewals list, making sure you have received renewal terms for the business they broke out, and releasing them to direct clients and brokers. They also operate a binder and a scheme so in these cases, generating/prepare renewals for sign-off and then release them to the client or broker. You will then follow up on the renewals to ensure max retention and then process the orders on the software (Open GI) before issuing the relevant docs to the client/broker.
You will be working to targets and rewarded with a retention monthly bonus incentive.
- Working from the company workflow systems to ensure all business bound is accurately logged and processed on the company’s software.
- Where necessary making sure insurers have issued policy documents promptly and ensure these are issued to the clients/brokers quickly and accurately.
- Assisting with client queries on policy cover.
- Ensuring all documentation is issued within FCA guidelines.
- Providing regular feedback to Management to ensure that SLAs are being met by the Company and the panel of Insurers.
- General administration.
Essential skills and experience required-
- Insurance experience or a proven customer service experience.
- Experience in handling the renewal process (Desirable but not essential).
- Numerically & IT literate, with a good working knowledge of Word, and Excel.
- You will be reliable & articulate with an attention to detail along with the ability to accurately issue documents and process transactions.
- You will have a logical mind, an excellent telephone manner, and be able to work to high standards in an unsupervised environment given we work from home.
- Determination & ability to achieve results and meet targets.
- Strong communication skills – both verbal & written.
- Must have fluency in English and Greek.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
(Desirable skills and qualifications)
- Cert CII or working towards (the company can support you to become Cert CII qualified) .
- Open GI systems experience.
- Marine Insurance experience.
Hours of work - Monday to Friday 9 am – 5:30 with 1 hour for lunch.
- Salary between £21kpa to £29kpa + monthly retention bonus (DOE)
- Laptop & headset and full support to work from home.
- After 1 year – private medical insurance.
- Team events.
- Competitive holiday allowance.
Please apply for the role by submitting your most up-to-date CV. If your application is successful, we will be in touch within 2 working days of receiving your job application to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
At Insure Recruitment, we work with clients who are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification or criteria in the above description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be exactly what we’re looking for in this or other roles.